csc task does not handle my preprocessor directive

csc task does not handle my preprocessor directive

Alexander op de Weegh
Hi all,

I'm having trouble passing pre-processor directives to my csc task. Below is a snippet of my build file:

<property name="defineSymbols" value="DIRECTIVENAME"/>
<csc target="library" output="test.dll" define="${defineSymbols}" platform="AnyCPU">
</csc>

Strange to see is that if I include a <echo message="${defineSymbols}"/> task just before the csc task, it echo's DIRECTIVENAME, just as I expected. My code files nevertheless are compiled as if the pre-processor directive isn't set.

If I change the 'define="${defineSymbols}"' to 'define="DIRECTIVENAME"' it all compiles as expected.

Any one any idea?

With kind regards,
Alexander op de Weegh