Upate to 0.90, missing CR-LF ...

Parrish, Ken

I just updated to Nant 0.90.

I have a script with a bunch of <echo> statements that create the text for an e-mail.

With the update to 0.90, the <echo> statement do not appear to emit a CR-LF at the end of each line.

Any clues?  Explanations for the change in behavior?

            <echo file="messagefile.txt" append="true">| BUILD INFO</echo>

Previous, messsagefile.txt would have a CR-LF at the end of each line.  No longer.

Thanks,

Ken Parrish

Gomez, Inc.

Re: Upate to 0.90, missing CR-LF ...

Parrish, Ken

I found documentation indicating that since 0.86, newlines are no longer automatically emitted when <echo> is directed to a file.

How do I emit a newline into a file?  This is Windows, so I need a CR/LF combination.

Thanks,

Ken Parrish

Re: Update to 0.90, missing CR-LF ...

Wilson, Brian

You should be able to put \n\r the text to be printed, but I am not 100% sure on this.

Thank you,

Brian Wilson

Programmer Analyst, Associate

Department of Human Resources - Administrative Services

Email: brian.wilson@...

Re: Upate to 0.90, missing CR-LF ...

drieseng
Administrator

Hi Ken,

The change in 0.90 is that a linefeed (CRLF on Windows, LF on unix) is no longer implicitly appended at the end of the content.

Nothing has changed with regards to linefeeds within the content.

If you want to explicitly add a CRLF, then you can just use &x0d;&x0a;.

<echo file="messagefile.txt" append="true">| BUILD INFO&x0d;&x0a;</echo>

Hope this helps,

Gert