Hi all

Fabien Poirier

Hi,

My name is Fabien, I was using Nant as a .Net build tool on C# projects. Now I’ve changed of work and I am using it as a build tool for Delphi projects (yes).

I am using SVN and I build my own continuous integration chain, I connect to SVN, get info in XML, do some xmlpeek to get last revision, compare it with the last built, and rebuilt if needed.

I’d like to know if Nant project is still alive, are there some contributors that want to make this project grows?

I was using Ant before on java project, Nant is much more cool to use, but there are many, many things that could be better (IMHO), so many ways to go forward.

I’d like to know if people still here could send on the ML any link, any piece of custom script task that could be added to the main Nant website? Or anything else that users can do to shock this project back to life?

Nant could be extended by so many means, but it is not easy to find example of source code, for example the while task, etc.

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Fabien

Re: Hi all

Ryan Boggs-2
Hi,

See inline...

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:29 AM, Fabien Poirier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

My name is Fabien, I was using Nant as a .Net build tool on C# projects. Now I’ve changed of work and I am using it as a build tool for Delphi projects (yes).

Nice to meet you.

I am using SVN and I build my own continuous integration chain, I connect to SVN, get info in XML, do some xmlpeek to get last revision, compare it with the last built, and rebuilt if needed.

I’d like to know if Nant project is still alive, are there some contributors that want to make this project grows?

I think the best way to describe the status is slowly waking up from a 2 year nap.  I just reviewed a back log of pull requests on github.com of people fixing issues that they wanted to fix. I also fixed an issue that was introduced in 0.92 related to the copy task (sorry about that) and I just submitted another pull request for review to address another issue reported some time ago. Dominik has been working on the CI system to stabilize it since the system has changed since we last checked in on it and reviewing the code in my pull requests. There are also new nightly files that can be tested in sourceforge.net. So we are slowly getting back on our feet here.

I was using Ant before on java project, Nant is much more cool to use, but there are many, many things that could be better (IMHO), so many ways to go forward.

Yup.

You can contribute code, examples, etc.  A good place to start is in the wiki at github.com. It is a bit dated but it still applies.

Nant could be extended by so many means, but it is not easy to find example of source code, for example the while task, etc.

We can work on that. I have ideas I want to work on but it'll take time.

Happy holidays,
Ryan

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Fabien

Re: Hi all

Timotheus Pokorra-2
Hello Fabien,

I did not check the mail folder for NAnt for a very long time...

> I’d like to know if people still here could send on the ML any link, any
> piece of custom script task that could be added to the main Nant website? Or
> anything else that users can do to shock this project back to life?

We are using NAnt extensively for developing OpenPetra.
We can create Project files and solution files for various IDEs, and
are using NAnt for the whole toolchain of developing and delivering
OpenPetra.

We have a number of Nant scripts here:
https://github.com/openpetra/openpetra/tree/master/inc/nant
and various build files throughout the source code tree, eg.
https://github.com/openpetra/openpetra/blob/master/setup/setup.build
and some tasks developed here:
https://github.com/openpetra/openpetra/tree/master/inc/nanttasks

Hope this helps,