Help copying a folder structure

Chris Fouts

I looked at this http://nant.sourceforge.net/nightly/latest/help/tasks/copy.html, and googled some.

I want to copy files from ${srcDir} to ${destDir} and preserve the directory struncture. I tried this, but the directory structure is NOT preserved in ${destDir}. Any clues?

<copy todir="${srcDir}">

   <fileset>

      <include name="${destDir}\**\*" />

     </fileset>

</copy>

-chris

***This e-mail message is intended only for the above named recipient(s)
and may contain information that is sensitive or proprietary. If you have
received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please
immediately notify the sender, delete this e-mail message without making
a copy and do not disclose or relay this e-mail message to anyone.***

Re: Help copying a folder structure

Chris Fouts

This way…

<copy todir="${srcDir}">

   <fileset basedir=”${destDir}>

      <include name="**\*" />

     </fileset>

</copy>

Re: Help copying a folder structure

Ryan Boggs-2
Hey Chris,

What version of NAnt are you using?

Thanks,
Ryan

On May 30, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Chris Fouts <[hidden email]> wrote:

This way…

<copy todir="${srcDir}">

   <fileset basedir=”${destDir}>

      <include name="**\*" />

     </fileset>

</copy>

Re: Help copying a folder structure

Bob Archer

If you want to go FROM src TO dest, it looks like you have your code backwards… shouldn’t it be:

<copy todir="${destDir}">

   <fileset basedir=”${srcDir}>

      <include name="**" />

     </fileset>

</copy>

Also, you can (should be able to) simplify your include to “**” which should match all files and folders.

BOb

Re: Help copying a folder structure

Chris Fouts

Thanks!